Sunday, July 09, 2006

Day at Universal

Since we are doggie free at the moment (Tiger is on holiday with my parents in North Carolina) G and I decided to take advantage and go to Universal Studios. G has never been and I hadn't been since my band trip freshman year in high school. Yes, this one time at band camp....

I got "discounted" Florida resident tickets online. They were still $50 each. They're $65 at the gate. Am I the only one who thinks these theme park rates are getting a "little" ridiculous.

We arrive in Orlando around 10am. We, of course, had to stop on the way out of town for the morning road trip box of Krispy Kremes.

Upon arrival we realize... They're making me pay to PARK !! You've got to be kidding me! I just paid 100 dollars to walk in and now you're charging me 10 dollars to PARK!! But, since we really had no other choice. We paid. And no, there was no Florida resident discount on parking. (I had to ask at least)

Since it was a slightly overcast day it didn't really break 82 or so all day. Really nice for FL this time of year. That still didn't stop G and me from laughing at all the northerners carrying around their "spray fans" full of misting water. Heh. Wussies.

My favorite ride BY FAR was the Mummy. Indoor, in the dark, roller coaster complete with talking mummys, flames, scarabs, and things that made G and me scream like little girls. It was GREAT! G is not big on upside-down roller coasters so this was about as scary as he likes it, but still TONS of fun. The other rides were fun, but more for amusement. We did have a good time competing in the MIB ride where you have to shoot aliens with guns. Universal also seems to like to spray you with water. Every time we went to a 3D show at some point I got hosed with water. Not a lot, but enough to give you the effect they were trying to get.

I'd have to say the most disappointing ride was ET. Very "it's a small world". At one point G and I started signing It's a Small World and the people sitting next to us joined in. I guess we weren't the only ones overwhelmed by the cheese.

We spent the day, had a 22 dollar hamburger lunch which was very dissatisfying ... but overall had a very fun time. We're very gld we went.

Next time !! DISNEY !! I still haven't been to Animal Kingdom. It was still being built the last time I went in 1991.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home