Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Even after college.. free food is still good !!

Last night was the first meeting I was able to attend of HCOS. (Hillsborough County Optometric Society)

I learned a few things. Which, is good since I got two hours of CE for going. (Not that I really need CE credits right now, but still)

1.) There are almost NO women in the society. There were only three of us there.

2.) Mercury and cilantro bind to the same receptors. So, if you cook your fish with fresh cilantro you'll absorb less mercury! Cool !

3.) I also learned where to get killer cheap-as-hell Cuban food. SO good! I had puerco asado, yellow rice, and plantains. SO GOOD! And, only 5.50.

One of the other female docs was right about my age. So, we'll probably end up doing a few things together. Should be fun, hopefully. she works out in Sun City. (the retirement town) her office is probably the exact opposite of mine.

Tiger got to play for the evening with his girlfriend Dolce (my friend Denise's doggie). They have a great time together. I watched Dolce a few nights ago when Denise had a paper to write. So, she watched Tiger tonight while I was at my dinner. So nice to have someone who can do that with me.

I still have NO update on my condo plumbing disaster. I emailed the condo board president again today to see if I could get the name of a contact with the building company. This is going to be a nightmare to try and repair I can tell already. sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home