Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tiger update

Tiger has been on phenobarbital for six weeks now.I was starting to hope for the best. The vet had said he's on the lowest possible end of the therapeutic range for Pb, but we'd leave him there as long as we didn't have more seizures.

Last night about midnight I was reading in bed. The dog started pacing next to the bed. I thought he just wanted on the bed, so I called him up. He wouldn't jump and just head butted my hand. I finally clued in and tried to get him to an open spot of the room. The one good thing about dogs, they know it's coming.

Fortunately, the seizure was MUCH smaller and shorter than the ones he normally has without Pb. He only had the petit mal seizure where his front and back legs seize and he's pretty much conscious of what's going on. He never progressed into the grand mal like he did pre-meds. Thank goodness! The seizure was about three minutes.

So, I called his vet. We're going to up his dosage to 75mg BID and see how we do. *crosses fingers* I'll pick up the extra meds tomorrow on my day off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home