Monday, June 19, 2006

Full Weekend

Since my boss is out of town on a cruise this week.. I'm working six out of the next seven days. But, he made it up to me by giving me last Friday and Saturday off. I can't tell you the last time I had a Saturday off without asking for it.

Friday was my day at Let's Eat, so G and I would have food in the house again. (always a plus) One of the girls I met who works there is a junior college student in Boston. She's pre-med so of course I had to tell her about SDN. She's also considering other health fields so I gave her my card in case she wants to see what optometry is all about. She sounded very excited about it. Hopefully she'll call.

We finally had a plumber come out to replace our guest room faucet. We've had no hot water in our guest room shower since we moved in. The plumber brought the parts with him to fix our shower, and then realized our hot water is not connected to the complex's main hot water supply. AHH! That's what we were afraid of !! How could someone live there almost three YEARS before us and not notice this or report it to get it fixed. I reported it to the condo association and now we wait and see what to do next. But, since this is a building problem I am NOT paying to fix it. Especially since they're probably going to have to rip my walls apart to do it. *sigh*

Saturday I got up early to head to HCC for my tennis lesson. Three hours of hitting balls. My backhand is starting to look really good actually. I got to meet three new girls around my age. (which is great, I need that) It was so hot I went through FIVE bottles of water. But, we were having a good time. Although, I'm still not used to kids eight years younger than me being my coach. Oh well, they know more than me about it so it's all good, right?

After tennis, I took a much needed cold shower and headed out with G for lunch. we decided to try out hand at looking at TVs again. Ours is dying at home and it's not pretty. The sound is going and the picture is getting darker and darker every week. It's time to put it out of its misery.

We found a GREAT sale on the Samsung we'd been eye-balling. So, we bought it. 42" plasma flat screen. We should get it in two weeks. G is so excited. The nice thing about the delay in ordering is that it gives us time to get our wall wired to mount it. We have to get them to run a new outlet, mount the bracket, etc. Now we can finally have HDTV. I got spoiled at my parents house. We're going to re-arrange the furniture in the house, too. Hopefully it'll make our room look bigger.

I spent Sunday working, so .. not much to talk about there. I did, however finally get my professional wedding pictures back. Some of them came out really nice. I'm going to get the final roll put on photo CD so I can make a slideshow to send to friends. It'll have to wait til Friday though, when I'm off work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's always way fun to chat up people who are considering your off-the-path career. i'm forever working on showing vet students the power of the dark side.

i had the inspection for my new house last week, and i'm so incredibly paranoid that something got missed and i'll end up with a crisis exactly like what you're talking about. at least the lack of hot water is in the guest bath, right? i mean, it's still completely annoying, but better than the alternate.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home