Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Last minute errands... last day off !

My last weekend off before Hawaii was less than relaxing. I had SO many errands I had to get done. I did get to spend some time with G, but most of it was going out for meals to relax after a long day of errands.

Sunday was Mother's Day as you all know. G and I went to our favorite local diner for a breakfast/brunch, had coffee, read the paper, chatted, and started out our morning kinda slow. It was nice, not too hot, and cozy. Then, I headed back home to bathe the mutt. (he sorely needed it) Fortunately, he likes baths so I just dunked him in our guest room tub. So fresh and so clean.

G and I finally went clothes shopping for him for the wedding. I had to convince him that we really didn't have to go that formal. We shopped and shopped... which I really wasn't that into, but I know he needed help. The last place I want to be after working a week at International... is back at International. (even if it is for shopping) We got him some shirts to wear in Hawaii at Dillards, some new swim trunks at Pac Sun (who knew those would be so hard to find in Florida?) and then hit Tommy Bahama for wedding clothes.

I found him the perfect color button down short-sleeved shirt for the wedding. It's the same ice blue as the panel of my wedding dress. That, with some gorgeous white cream pants. He looked SO good and the pictures will look STUNNING! I'm so excited. I had to have the sales girl help me convince him it wasn't too casual. It's dressy casual which is exactly what we wanted.

Monday G headed back for his last week in Houston before we leave. I went out to run even more errands. Bank, finding the underwater cameras, groceries. And, I took Tiger to the vet for his two week follow up on his Pb serum levels.

Then, I finally got to have some fun. I went to my three hour tennis lesson. I can finally hit the ball straight. It was fairly amusing having high school kids teach me proper form, but they were really nice. My regular Coach (Chad) did something funky to his foot playing soccer, so he'd give me some instruction and then watching me from the sidelines. He'd have one of the high school kids come demonstrate. I got to hit more balls that way, too. I went through three baskets. A LOT of balls. I didnt' realize how many that really was until I had to hop them all back into the basket. (ugh) But, now I have a farmer tan... which will look so lovely in my wedding pictures. (sigh) But, I got out in the sun for some activity. The shower afterwards felt SO good !!

1 Comments:

Blogger M H said...

I wish I could give you some of my new self tanner. Its by bare escentuals and it ROCKS. Looks natural, easy to use. Try to find some!!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home