Friday, May 12, 2006

Stress I *so* don't need right now

I leave for my wedding in nine days !! yay !! I can't believe it snuck up on me so fast.

Mini-nervous breakdown on Wednesday when I arrive home to a cryptic answering machine message from the salon where I normally get my hair done. I call them back.... they proceed to tell me that the stylist I made my appointment with A MONTH AGO no longer works at the salon. WHAT??! WHY the heck are you waiting until four DAYS before my appointment to tell me this! WHY!?

I explain my situation. tell them i'm getting married. Reiterate that Monday is my LAST day off before I get on a plane to Hawaii for my WEDDING! THIS is why I made this appointment... a.month.ago!

"But ma'am, all of our stylist are booked that day".

ME: Fine, I'll find another salon

"oh no! Don't do that, let me to talk to some stylists and I'll call back".

The only stylist they offered to put me with.. agreed to work through her lunch... and it's the girl G won't go do anymore because she made his hair look funky. If she can't cut men's hair there's no way she's going near mine with no grow out time before the wedding.

So, I cancel that appointment. I get a phone call later in the day from the stylist wanting to know why i canceled my "updo". WHAT? I never ONCE asked for an updo! I said I needed a haircut. But, apparently since I'm getting married, I want an updo done ONE WEEK before my wedding! Ummmmmm no. This is why I canceled.

After quite a few phone calls I found one salon on citysearch that had FABULOUS reviews. They were super nice when I explained my situation. They worked around MY schedule and got me in with their best person! She's probably horribly expensive, but at this point I have no time to lose and do NOT want funky wedding pictures. I'll pay whatever it takes.

Maybe this will just lead me to a better salon. Who knows ? They're definitely nicer on the phone. At least they realize I don't want an updo a WEEK in advance. *snort*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm....what's an "updo"???


*lost*


-Pete

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh. mah. gawd.

the advantages to having long straight hair to one's waist are legion, apparently.

don't let no crazy peeps near your head, darling. and have a great trip and a fantastic wedding!!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home