Friday, March 31, 2006

Throttling

Netflix is throttling me. They won't admit it, but they are.

For those of you who don't have Netflix or Blockbuster mailed to your home let me explain. I'm on a plan where I get three DVDs at a time. I watch them, mail them back, and they're supposed to have one day turn around. (since the distribution center is three miles from my house!)

Apparently, Netflix thinks I get too many movies. I usually watch one on my own while G is out of town, and then G and I watch two over the weekend. So, we usually average 3 a week. Netflix starts to lose money if we get over 12 movies a month. So, they start to say that they haven't received movies I've sent back.

For example: I sent back the movie Flightplan with Jody Foster on Tuesday. (meh movie, but entertaining if you don't expect too much) Netflix is saying they still haven't received it. BS. I sent back a different movie on Saturday, they got it Monday, and I had a new movie in my hand Tuesday. what made movie number TWO so different? Netflix isn't happy when I send back three movies in three days.

I can't complain too much, it's not the end of the world and I'm still saving tons of money over what all this would be costing me if I went to Blockbuster and rented all the movies I watch per month. It would cost me over 40 dollar a month at blockbuster for the number of movies I get per month. BUT.. you shouldn't advertise unlimited movies per month and then throttle people. Now I'm not going to have something to watch this weekend because my net movie won't get here in time. Grrr !!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

grrr that happened with me too. but for the 17.99 plus tax it's all good like you said. be careful if you decide to quit for a month or two - if you get bored of watching movies.... i didn't think it could happen. But they cut you off that day but you don't get a prorate refund :(

your nephew is adorable i love his little attitude pose - while napping even :) so cute

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home