Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Let's Eat!

Last night was my cooking night at Let's Eat. I know I blogged about it somewhat last month, but I don't remember how much detail I gave.

G and I found this place where you go and prep enough food for a month in one night and then take it home and put it in the freezer. They have GREAT menus and if you split all the food into smaller portions it works out to less than 6 dollars per meal.

I met up with Dr M and a friend of her's from high school in Ohio (he just moved here to do a residency in Anesthesiology). We scarfed down food in about ten minutes at Quiznos since none of us had eaten.. and it was next door to Let's Eat.

The nicest part of Let's Eat.. I get to cook and make a mess and SOMEONE ELSE has to clean it up. yep, that's what I'm paying them for. Clean up my mess! It's fantastic. They already have everything chopped and preped. Basically you add marinades and measure spices into ziploc baggies or prep large things like chicken wrapped with ham, cheese, and tomatos in large oven ready pans. So easy! Then take home and put in the freezer to thaw out when you're ready to eat.

LOVE.IT!

We've been going every month now. Hopefully Dr M will stay around long enough to keep going with me. They changed their schedule this month where G can't go with me anymore and that makes me sad. Boo to that!

My home menu this month: (mmmm!)

Italian Sausage Pasta
Grilled Sesame Flank Steak
Creamy Southwestern Chicken Enchiladas
Asparagus and Sausage Strata
Chicken Parmesan
Feta and Rosemary Stuffed Pork Chops
Crab Bisque
Italian Meatballs in marinara
Chicken Saltimbocca (the chicken stuffed with ham, cheese, and tomato i referred to)
Chicken in Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
and Cheese Tortellini


Can't wait to eat !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home