Tuesday, March 14, 2006

GORGEOUS weekend

This past weekend for me was absolutely GORGEOUS! It's that perfect time of year here in Florida. Nice, sunny, cool at night, not too humid, and not too hot.

Sunday G and I went to play tennis at the local tennis complex (8 courts newly resufaced, very nice!). I'm finally getting my forehand down and the last ten minutes of so of my lesson with G he introduced me to the backhand. I was IMMEDIATELY better with my backhand that my forehand. For some reason it feels more natural to me. G got to try out his new racket I got him for Valentine's Day. he can already tell a difference in his serve.. and well, I just like to watch him serve. ;)

After spending too much time in the sun we cooled off by looking at new shutters for the house at Lowes and Home Depot. We're trying to decide between blinds and plantation shutters. I like the shutters, G likes the blinds. The blinds would be nice if we could get natural looking wood, but condo bylaws say we have to to get white blinds. The white blinds look crappy and look much better in the shutters. So we'll have to get an estimate on how much they're going to be. Home Depot wants 25 dollars per square foot... which puts the FOUR windows of our house (only 4) at almost 2000 dollars. OUCH! That does include measurements, installation, etc.

My alone day off on Monday was spent with the doggie. Morning time at the beach doggie park. Tiger needed a bath, so I let him get all stinky, sandy and disgusting at the beach before I hosed him down. Dogs love sandy and disgusting! Fortunately the doggie park has doggie showers, so he got a nice bath and is soft and fluffy now. It also freed up my afternoon to lay by the pool since the dog was so tired from the park he was napping. (ahhh doggie nap time is good!) I met two new girls down by the pool. they were here visiting a friend on Spring Break. I remember Spring Break. But, alas, now I'm in the real world. Although, I'll take real world over school any day!

Today Dr M and I are going back to Let's Eat. That's the place I mentioned earlier last month where you go prep food for the month and freeze it at home. We're doing that again and this months menu looks even better than last month. I was getting kind of tired of last month's mahi mahi. (it was good, I just wasn't too fond of the seasoning) Hopefully i can get out of work on time to eat something before I go.

And tonight TAR is on !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home