Sunday, October 16, 2005

Short Weekend

My weekend was really only one day. I did have Thursday off, but I spent most of the day running errands and cleaning the house. (joy) So, it doesn't really count as a weekend. I did get some new shoes at Target though, which is always fun. I heart Target. I'm so glad we have one now (close to my house and large I mean).

I worked all day Friday and Saturday. So, no major fun events going on there. I did go for a very very nice dinner with G Friday night at Bonefish Grill. Yummy! I had swordfish and a few glasses of wine. We ended up spending WAY more than we should have, but it was nice to get out and be together and talk.

Saturday night was movie night. We saw "Prozac Nation" with Christina Ricci. A very powerful film.. definitely not inspirational or uplifting, but very very good. Christina Ricci and Jessica Lange were phenominal. There were also cameos by Jason Biggs and Michelle Williams. I'd recommend it.. just don't rent it when you're already depressed.

Today we actually ventured out of the house to the sports bar. Watched the first half of the Buccs/Dolphins game. Run Ricky Run !! G and I played fantasy football and I was doing really well in the points until Griese got injured. (damn it!) I did however have a HUGE laugh when the put in Chris Simms (and he immediately got sacked.. so it was just like old times!)

The weather here has been PHENOMINAL this weekend. It's been in the low 80s and the humidity has lowered. A San Diego day to be sure. G and I took Tiger for a nice long four mile run today and it was just wonderful. I'd wished I'd gotten up earlier to take Tiger to the doggie park on Davis Island to play in the water, but it was my only day all week to sleep in.. so I did.

G is packing up to leave for Houston (again). He always gets the Monday morning flight to Houston at 7am. (ugh) And it'll be another day of work for me and doggie daycare for Tiger (Monday and Tuesdays). He LOVES doggie daycare and their kiddy pool!! They say he never gets out of the kiddy pool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I wanted to see the Miami game but it was on at 2 a.m. here (no thanks). I heard that Simms got to play. Of course it still blows my mind that he ever got drafted! How will he ever manage without Applewhite to save his sorry butt... :) Unfortunately it sounds like Ricky didn't do so hot either. But at least we know he has the ablitiy.

3:44 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Funny - I watched Prozac Nation this weekend.

Personally, I thought it was flat, but that's me.

Cheers :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

It was a little flat.. and I was bummed they left some characters hanging. I give it 3/5 stars.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home