Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Tampa Drivers

The drivers in the Tampa Bay area are some of the slowest driving mo-fos I have EVER run across. (almost literally) The speed limit through the downtown section of Tampa (all 2 miles of it) is 55mph. People actually GO 55 or even 50 !!! FIFTY!! Here's my little Houston driving self going 65-70 and nearly rear ending people cuz they're going 50 miles an hour. I don't think my car CAN go that slow. Even in the open freeway of I75 where the speed limit is 70mph people are STILL going 55. The funniest part is when they're going 55 (BELOW the speed limit) and there's a cop. OH NO A COP!! I'm going 55 !! I must SLOW DOWN !!... and they screech down to 35 miles an hour to crawl by the cop before speeding up again. HELLO DUMBASSES! The speed limit is 65 mph the cop is PASSING YOU!! MOOOOOVE!

And, before you say it.. it's NOT the old people. The old people know better than to be on the freeway during rush hour. They're all eating dinner by then.

It's the weirdest phenominon I've ever seen... people going BELOW the speed limit. Do y'all know of other cities where this happens. In Houston I'd be KILLED if I drove this slowly. I still choose not to.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stine as I recall you are known for being a "left lane cruiser." It must be bad if they are too slow for you!

4:52 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

I don't cruise the left lane ! :p I never claimed to be lead footed though, but apparently I am for Tampa.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home