Friday, September 30, 2005

Friends

It looks like I could finally be meeting people. It took a long time for me, since generally I'm a pretty outgoing person. But, here in my condo complex the average age is, judging by appearances, about 5-7 years younger than me and 10 years younger than G. When last Sunday I decided to spend some time by the pool only to find 20 people doing kegstands.. it was time to go back inside. Kegstands just aren't my scene anymore.

Yesterday I finally met someone closer to my own age who also has a golden mix. I was taking Tiger out to walk after work and our doggies ran into each other. The best way to meet people here I've found is when I have the dog.. he's an instant coversation starter since he's so unique looking. After chatting I found out the other golden's mommy just moved here from Atlanta six weeks ago and was also having a hard time meeting people who act their age! She's a hospital administrator at Tampa General. So, the two of us and our doggies went for a run together last night and had a nice time and a good chat.

Later in the evening I got an email from a group I signed up for MONTHS ago that was for professional transplants to get to know others who have just moved to Tampa Bay (minus the Meat Market). They're having an outing tonight at a sports bar to watch the Yankees/red Sox game. so, I think G and I are going to go and I think the girl I ran with last night might come too.

The funnest activity on their list (to me) is a kayaking trip next month. They're going to kayak from St Pete out to one of the barrier islands to watch the sunset, have food, drink sangria and have a bonfire. Then, we kayak back. I've never kayaked before and for 40 bucks I think it would be great fun! And, yet another way to meet more people who are also adventurous. Yay! I'll have to RSVP for this pretty soon. :)

On the downside this is my weekend to work Saturday and Sunday so I'm taking full advantage of my friday off. I got my car cleaned and then went shopping. yay shopping! I'm normally not a big shopper, but I needed clothes to wear to work since my clinic clothes are getting rather tired and they just look cheap (since they are). I got the best clothes my grad school budget could afford at the time. now, i've got a little more funding so I got some nicer looking dress slacks instead of 12 dollar gap khakis. They look a little more professional... thank goodness.

let the weekend begin! (sort of)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home