Monday, October 10, 2005

Infomercials and Hockey... an odd combination

Yesterday, G and I decided to venture out to the Home Remodeling show at Tropicana Field. One, cuz we're looking for ways to work on our condo and two, cuz it was something to do. So, we pay for parking and 7 bucks to get in. And... we're in. Tropicana Field is rather ugly by the way.. maybe I'm spoiled by all the shiney new ballparks in Houston and San Francisco, but damn it's ugly. Anyway, back on topic. We start meandering through the aisles on stuff on display. One or two flooring guys.. we stop and look at wood. Then, hot tubs, cell phone covers, books... what the hell do these have to do with remodeling? swiffers, knives, and pots... still not remodeling. We did get a good laugh at the expense of the pots and pans sales guy.. for some reason while walking down the aisle G and I thought of the "kitchen guillatine" from Dead Like Me at the same time. We both looked at the guy, looked at each other, said "Dead Like Me", and died laughing. The salesman was less than amused and continued glaring at us.. so we left him to sell more pots. Overall, very lame.. we left after only 45 minutes. Lame lame lame. And a waste of 7 bucks plus parking.

Tonight about 3pm I got a voicemail from the office I work at in Brandon. Thinking it was a patient problem I promptly returned the call. Turns out it was the front desk clerk I go running with. her boyfriend works for the Tampa Bay Lightning and had extra tickets to tonight's hockey game. She wanted to know if Dr M and I wanted to go. yay !! hockey!! I havent gotten to go to a hockey game since San Diego. I also, wanted to meet Dr M. We work together, but don't actually work together at the same time. She also just moved here (about a year ago). She's around G and my age and also doesn't know very many people. So, once she got done working off we went. I think we ended up annoying the people sitting behind us cuz we spent more time talking than we did watching the game. (since we didnt know anything about each other) We actually had a great time, watched some hockey, and after the Lightning was losing by 4 goals decided it was time to go home. But, we're definitely going out again.. maybe sushi or a movie. (maybe both) Lots of fun meeting Dr M.

We had great seats for the game. First level right behind the goal. We could see the entire rink which was really nice. I was very much entertained by the score keepers sitting behind the goal. Each goal had one guy in a plexiglass case sitting behind the goal... honest to god, he looked like he was sitting in the pope-mobile. I know it's for their protection, but they're sitting BEHIND a plexiglass wall with mesh netting INSIDE a plexiglass box. Seems kinda overkill if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home