Thursday, August 11, 2005

Worker Bee

Since Dr K is out of town, I've been helping Dr J the last three days. We had enough work to keep us busy. It was actually really nice to get to spend more time with her (I normally only get to see her once a week). We found out we have more in common than we thought. We have similar opinions on many things and like many of the same things (including running).

This is my night off from the gym. I'm exhausted after yesterday. I was stuck behind a wreck last night on the way home and it took an hour and a half to get back to Tampa. By the time I got home from the gym after work it was almost 9pm. So, it was a quick and easy pizza take-out night. which, defeats the purpose of trying to eat more healthy and going to the gym in the first place.. but at least i went to the gym. ;)

Today I firmed up plans for employment to get myself up to 5 days a week once I'm fully licensed. I'll have Wednesdays and Sundays off (and it looks like I'll get off one Saturday a month). Now, I just have to wait for my damn score yet again (or rather still). It's only been a week and a half since the practical, but it's so hard not to dwell on it. The rest of this year (and most of next) rides on this score. I hate that it's worth so much !! Everyone keeps trying to assure me that I'll be fine and that i'm a great doctor, but the board doesn't know that.. and definitely didn't see that from me on the day of the test. They also have no idea based on my transcripts how well i did in clinic at UH. They only know that I completed them (our clinics were pass/fail).

Hopefully I'll only have to wait one more week !!! The only day I broke down with the stress of it all and cried was last Monday ... but, with all the stress I've been under the last two weeks or so i think I almost needed the release. Fortunately G was home and he made it all better. (like always)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home