Monday, August 08, 2005

Yet another wedding

Friday morning I dropped my four legged fur-kid off at doggie daycare so I could fly to Texas. My best guy friend Mike from college got married this weekend. So, G and I flew Southwest into Houston and rented a car. I only saw my mother for about two hours before I had to leave for the wedding. (much to my mother's chagrin)

The wedding was in Montgomery, Texas which is not close to much of anything. The wedding was at a Yacht Club on the lake in an area called Bentwater. Now, why is it called a yacht club when there were clearly no yachts there. There were some speed boats and the occasional beautiful sailboat, but definitely not a big enough lake for a yacht. Also, are yachts even supposed to be on lakes? when I think yacht I think sea-going vessel. Anyway, that's where the wedding was.

The wedding ceremony itself was fortunately very short since it was OUTSIDE in Houston in August. They gave us fans and fortunately there was a nice breeze. There were only 50 people in attendance which is a great size. I now have an idea that that's the right amount of people to have.. not too big and not too terribly small.

G and I were at a table for dinner with my friend janalyn from LHB and two of the groomsman (Mike's best friend Joey and guy friend Ryan who is also from LHB)

I didn't really like the brides dress.. it was an off-white almost antique yellow color made to look older I guess. It did suit her, but wasn't something I would have ever picked out... but, it's her day and if she loved it... that's all that really matters. she did look very pretty.

We actually had a really nice time. They kicked us out of the reception hall at 11pm, which gave us enough time to dance. The bride and groom drove off in a rented silver mustang convertible. The bride even cornered me to ask me how my exams went (which was really sweet of her) and commented that with all the cameras she felt like she was on display. I think she was very ready to get out of there by the time they actually did.

I flew back to Florida early Saturday morning. We had to spring the four legged child from doggie daycare. I attempted to pick him up at 1pm for their first pick-up time, but no one was there.. so G and I dejectedly had to head back home and wait until 7pm to spring the pooch from doggie jail. (and he was VERY glad to see us)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Ah weddings! Haven't been to one of those in awhile. About size, we had around 80 and I was actually able to visit with all our guests. Bigger than that would have been too many I think. And I can't say enough about Vegas! You don't have to worry about a thing there, especially not the weather. Just random observations, no pressure... ;) Besides, after waiting this long, you better wait until I'm back in the states!!!

Glad you had a good trip. Hope you're stressing less.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home