Monday, July 25, 2005

Florida Jurisprudence

Otherwise known as the "laws and rules" exam for the Florida Optometry Board. The minimum score to pass this test is an 84.

I showed up to take my exam 30 minutes early (like is said to on my admission packet)... and they put me right into the computer room. There was a 20 minute tutorial on "how to use the computer"..."this is a mouse".. I shit you not. Fortunately it let you go through it at your own pace (so I finished in about 4 minutes).

The test is only 25 questions.. so you can only miss 4 to pass. The text needed in this "open book" exam is included at the top of each question. In pressing the "reference" button it opened the Adobe PDF file and let you search the 174 page text. Thank god I know how to use a search function. I finished the test and checked my answers in about 20 minutes. The worst part was my heart was racing SO FAST during the entire exam.. and then, after reviewing your questions you have to hit the dreaded "submit test" button.

Then, the computer calculates your score and spits our your score report. All is well.. I got a 96.

I go back to the same place tomorrow to take my Pharmacology and Patient Management test which is 5 1/2 hours. But, it's only 25 cases so it should only take me 2 or so hours. (hopefully)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home