Sunday, August 14, 2005

Slow weekends are good

Sometimes you just need a weekend where you just don't do much.

My Friday at work was pretty uneventful. Since Dr J was in sugery starting at 11am I was only busy from 8 to 10. Then, I helped the front desk organize for monday and answer phones (which where eerily quiet). By 3pm I had nothing to do.. so I left. I didn't want them to pay me to sit around and keep the other front desk girl company (although, she did appreciate the company)

Yesterday we really didn't do much. After sleeping in (always a plus) we headed to Champps for lunch. mmmm food. Then, G and I took the plunge and committed ourselves to the gym. Classes, weights, cardio, spinning and boxing for 34 a month. (not to terrible). This gym is MUCH cheaper than the gym in CA (they wanted 80 a month) !!

The funnest part of my day yesterday was playing treadmill war with the guy running next to me. he was one of those mead-head looking guys who was all upper body with the little chicken legs... who decided to run next to me. In typical guy fashion he kept looking over to see how fast I was running on my treadmill (for the record at the time I was going at about a 8:30 mile) .. so he ups his speed to run just slightly faster than me. Since two can play that game I upped it to an 8 minute mile. He upped his speed again. Heh. So, I upped to a 7:30 minute mile... and ran ... and ran.... and ran some more. He upped this time only equal to my speed (not over) and hung with me for only 2 minutes before he had to start walking. Victory was MINE !! It was a sweet victory.. since I'm generally not a fast runner.. I'm just in better shape cardiovascularly than meat-head.

Last night G and I attempted to go bowling. they build a new alley here that has only 14 lanes, but it's REALLY nice... bars, fancy restaurant, almost more night club than bolwing alley. they also have pool tables. they're trying to make an up-scale bowling alley and were quite successful. we went to check it out Friday night to see what it was like and were very impressed. So, saturday I call to see if I can reserve a lane to play. They girl answering the phone almost laughed at me. So, we tried two other (not as nice) alleys in town with no success. Both had 2 hour plus waits for lanes. When did bowling get so popular? G and I used to go about once a month in CA and it was alwyays deserted. I guess we'll have to go some other time (maybe in the afternoon)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home