Saturday, April 30, 2005

Packing up my life

It's amazing what you find when you're packing. I've found pictures from jr high and high school I thought I'd lost. I've found umpteen cassette tapes... cassette tapes ?? who uses those anymore?? I even found an old broken discman I used to use in high school. In a way it's rather sad. I've lived in the house off and on for fifteen years. It'll be even sadder for my parents who are moving without really knowing which direction their life is heading. My father's job prospects are dwindling.

Now my game room is more organized as I condense boxes of things. I can definitely fit everything in my car and my mother's van.. no problem. Even with my bike and the huge doggie crate we'll be okay.

I finished running today after helping my parents load our dining room set into someone else's truck (we sold it since my parents won't need it if they move to Florida). It was rather melancholy looking at our empty dining room... although i can understand why we needed to sell the set.

Now, I'm reviewing the notes for my clinical board exam tomorrow morning. Me and a clinical board examiner in one room with a standarized patient. Whoo fun !! I'm sure i'll have lots to say about that tomorrow. It's the last of my national board exams. Yipeee! Then, I just get to wait to take Florida's.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what? As many times as I've moved in my life, the pathos inherent in the process never goes away. It's always a bit sad for me no matter how short a time I lived there.

I'm really sorry about your parents' situation, Stine. I wish that I knew some sort of magic advice to give them.

Hope it works out for them. :)

Pete

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home