Thursday, April 21, 2005

Almost there !

My last day of family practice, DONE ! It's so very strange to be saying good-bye to attendings and faculty. I got my final evaulation in family practice and even though my grades in clincal rotations don't really matter at this point.. I still had to smile when Dr M gave me an "excellent" rating.

I also got recruited to work two night of contact lens research for TERTC. So, I worked that Tuesday afternoon and last night to get some extra spending cash. (doesn't hurt when you're 90k in debt with student loans). I know what I'm making is peanuts compared to what I will make, but it keeps me busy and also keeps me from spending money.

Today in family practice, Dr Jose found LeeAnn and me to see if we'd be interested in working two extra days of open low vision clinic. Since they have such a backlog of patients on waiting lists for appointments.. they're going to open up two days in the next two weeks to see more patients. Dr Jose offered LeeAnn and me money to work all day next Thursday and a week from Monday on the 2nd. I told him definitely.. I love low vision and now I'll get paid to do it !! Sounds great to me !!

In the meantime, my dog is still waiting for me to throw his toy.. so off I go to be a good doggie mom. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home