Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Done with Clinic

It's official !! As of yesterday at 5pm I am OFFICIALLY done with clinic for good. No more patients at UHCO. It's very exciting and somewhat bittersweet at the same time. The good news is I get to move on, go to Florida, tour Europe, and get my life back in order with Greg. The bad news is, I'm leaving friends, saying goodbye and starting a new chapter in my life outside of Texas after 13 years in the state.

I spent the weekend relaxing, playing with the dog at the park, and seeing movies with friends. Saturday night I witnessed a movie called "Kung Fu Hustle" which if you haven't seen and appreciate a good slapstick laugh... go check it out. If you're looking for serious, don't see this movie.

I ran into a guy in my class at the movie theater. He introduced me to his girlfriend as "Dr ". It kinda freaked me out. I'm just not used to hearing it yet. When I commented we hadn't actually graduated yet , he cocked an eyebrow and commented that we're done.. and walking across that stage in two weeks isn't going to change much. But, I guess in my own mind, walking the stage with the gown makes it official. THEN I'm a doctor. Not really before. Maybe then it'll actually sink in as well. As of right now it sure hasn't. I'm still me.. the dork who feels like she doesn't know much more than four years ago, but in actuality has changed tremendously since four years ago.

Today and tomorrow I'm working yet another contact lens study (yay money!) Thursday and Monday I'm working in low vision clinic (yay more money!) And, some time in there I'm going to have to practice for clinical boards on Sunday. I know I can do the cinical stuff, I just have to make sure I'm ready for all the little details the NBEO is looking for me to perform. (blah) It makes me nervous just thinking about somebody watching me for three hours while I examen a patient.

Tonight I head over to my last CE lecture for my elective class. I only need one hour, but have to sit through all two so that I"m not rude to the speaker. I'd hate it if someone walked out on my lecture. Another milestone tonight when I type up and turn in my last UHCO project. DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Funny, I don't think anyone has ever called me "Doctor". :)

12:25 AM  
Blogger Megalofyia said...

:-D YAY Congratulations! I wish I could go to your graduation but I"ll be thinking of you.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home