Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Busy and then not

I haven't posted since Friday and SO much has happened since then.

I rolled into Austin Friday night to meet the flyball team for our competition. The plan was to have sushi Friday night so we can have a team dinner Saturday night. After i got in, through nasty Austin I35 traffic... I settled Tiger in and went to mark and liz's room. The three of us went to sushi at our favorite place. The service was WRETCHED but the food is SO good. I love their Texas roll. So, to anyone in Austin I HIGHLY recommend Origami on 35 and 620. (in the Albertsons shopping center)

Caroline as running late as she's really busy at her vet office. So, we took her back some sushi to go so she could at least eat something. Poor thing. After dinner we sat in Sam's room chatting and drinking wine. It was a very nice evening. It got my mind off the upcoming boards on Monday. Since Caroline, three dogs, and I were sharing a one room suite at the Candlewood we divvied up the beds. I volunteered for the sofabed since Caroline was paying for my room and I felt obligated. In hindsight it was FREEZING sleeping next to the AC vent. We had to crank the AC so Caroline had some air in her room. We couldn't leave the doors open because of the dogs. Max and Tiger get along great, but her female dog (mimosa) can be a little "in your face" which would be bad around a dog as big as Tiger. The interesting part of the evening happened about 130am. Tiger spooked and ran under the bed. Which, isn't normal for Tiger. Then, I felt his head hitting the bottom of the bed.. so i peeked over the rail to investigate. OH SHIT !! He was having a seziure UNDER the sofa bed. So, i vaulted the side of the bed and dragged him out from under the bed while yelling for caroline. I yelled in case I couldn't get him out and needed some extra hands to help move the sofa bed. All I could invision was him smashing his poor doggie head on the metal bars and springs under the bed. Poor thing. So, he stopped seizing rather quickly which is great. I didn't sleep Friday night at all. I wasn't sleeping even before the seizure and every little noise bugged me after the seizure cuz I kept checking on Tiger to make sure he wasnt having another one. STRESS !

Racing went alright Saturday and Sunday. Tiger wasn't running really fast, but after the seizure I didn't really expect him to. He can get kinda stiff, but he was acting fine. He really wanted to play. The whole team pulled together to try to get Tiger to his FMCh title. 15,000 points. He needed 312 going into the weekend. which, after the first day it didn't look like he was going to get that many. But pulling together we did. They presented me with a trophey complete with the ball Tiger brought back on his final point run to FMCh. It was very special to me.

Saturday night the team all went to Saltgrass for dinner. I ate WAY too much. I had the steak and coconut shrimp. YUM! Afterwards we all went to Sam's room agian to drink wine. While we were talking Sam said some words about having me as a teammate (which of course made me tear up) and they presented me with a GORGEOUS painting of Tiger hudling which was done by my friend Jenn in Omaha. (she's also on our flyball team) They called Jenn to find out my reaction and I almost couldn't talk when they passed me the phone. It was so beautiful and meant so much to me that they got together to do it. The picture of the painting is posted below this post.

Between races I tried to study for boards in my deck chair. Every once and awhile someone would look over my shoulder and go "eww". Yeah, i expect that with nasty eyeball slides.

Boards were Monday and they're over. That's pretty much all I want to say about that. They weren't terrible.. and I'm just glad it's done. They really don't matter for me for Florida. They don't accept part three. It was practice for me and there in case I need it for some other state if I move out of Florida.

I had lunch with Erin, Ashley, Kendra, Amanda, and Stephanie at Cafe Adobe. It was really great to get to see all of our classmates again. It's so weird that i'm not going to see all of them every day after next month. But, on the up side.. I will get to see G every day !! YAY !!

I spent my day off today getting out my graduation annoucements. I also laid by the pool and played with the dogs. It's been very relaxing and I'm really enjoying having some time to myself. Since my parents are out of town it's very quiet and I'm enjoying the alone time immensely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home