Thursday, April 28, 2005

Making Money

I'm exhausted. I've spent the last three days working contact lens studies and seeing patients in vision rehab. I've made four hundred dollars. Whoo hoo !! I really REALLY needed that money. This is what's going to tide me over until I start getting paychecks in Florida. I don't want to have to rely on G for money.. even though I'm sure he'd help me out if I asked him. Hopefully I will get all of my checks before I leave for Europe.

For about two hours i practiced for clinic. I ended up doing gonio on leeann with my new gonio lens (had to test it out).. she has the TIGHTEST lids.. the lens kept coming off. I also got to practice punctal plugs, which I kept dropping. So, i'm VERY nervous about doing that on the exam, since that was the only time I've ever done it.

The big event for the day was going over to the student bookstore to pick up my cap and gown. It still doesn't feel that offical since there's no hood, but it's getting closer. I'm graduating in two weeks !! wow.

I've started getting replies from the annoucements I've sent out. My aunt and uncle sent me a very nice card and one of my mother's best friends (who's like a second mommy) sent me a hundred dollars !! I couldn't believe it !! She's getting the nicest thank you card ever !!!! I didn't send out annoucements to get money, but it sure does help when you're moving to a new state. Those expenses (and the gas to get there) sure do add up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Q: What's a punctal plug and why are they useful?

I'm glad that you had the opportunity to work the last three days. Though T and I missed you for lunch, it's obviously a better move to squirrel away some dough.

Pete

12:01 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

A punctal plug is made of collagen or silicone to occlude the puncta (which is the small opening/drain close to your nose on all four eye lids). The plug stops up the "drain" allowing people with dry eyes to have tears contact their ocular surface longer.

yipee!

And yes.. money = good :)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home