Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Almost Break

Well, here it is almost Spring Break. I really can't believe I'm more than half way to graduation. I ordered my cap and gown today , or rather, I put in my order to "rent" my cap and gown. All 70 dollars of it. Oh lord. All that to wear it for 4 hours. Oh well.. I've already spent 90k on my education what's another 70 bucks.

I've spent the last week being really busy. I've worked the contact lens study at school. That pays for half my cap and gown.. whoo hoo !! I spent all last weekend at TOA sitting through CE, I'll get to that in a minute.

At TOA, I sat through twelve hours of CE. Actually, it wasn't nearly as bad as it sounds. The first hour however, was atrocious. SO BORING and nothing but a repeat of everything I learning about ocular allergy in pharm. Ugh. The second lecture was about ocular surgery (well, surgical coding) for minor surgical procedures. Very interesting and the lecturers were VERY entertaining. The prof in charge of my CE elective was actually one of the lecturers. The final hour on Friday was for a new AOA program called InfantSEE. They're trying to recruit ODs to see infants under 12 months for free to reduce ambylopia in the US. If I'd had a license, I would have signed up. otherwise I just sat through two hours of CE for two hours of CE.

Saturday was great, until I spiked a fever. About an hour into our banquet I started to feel really awful. I left as soon as the dinner was over and went to bed. It was one of those nights where you have six blankets on the bed and are STILL cold. I took some tylenol and woke up at 4am when my fever broke. That part's always the grossest.. you're sick, you're sweaty, and I'm sure I looked oh so attractive. The weirdest thing was I woke up Saturday morning feeling alright. Not great, but okay.

Sunday was four hours of Grand Rounds style CE which was actually the best CE I went to. Very interesting. I enjoyed it a lot. I just didn't like being up at 630 the morning after running a high fever. I'm very curious to find out how high my fever was. So, instead of staying for the chili lunch on Sunday I headed back to Houston to rest. The last thing I felt like eating Sunday afternoon was chili.

The one couple we all wanted to see at TOA was there in full force. They were very blatant about their relationship. It was very weird. I had no idea what to say to this girl. She came up and hugged me like we were long lost best friends... and then I had no idea what to say to her. what do you say to a girl who's gotten divorced and broken up someone else's marriage all in eight months? You chat about superficial stuff, which is just what we did. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now, I just wait til Friday to pack up and head to Tampa for a week in the sun with Greg. We have painting the condo on the agenda, or at least picking out the paint we want to use.

1 Comments:

Blogger Megalofyia said...

Sorry to hear you were sick :( but I'm glad you weren't sick for too long. :D

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home