Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rays/Red Sox


One of my best Tampa guy friends called all excited yesterday morning that his evening class had been cancelled at USF. He had scored Rays/Red Sox tickets in the third row of right field for Monday night's game. We're both Red Sox fans, so of course I agreed to go with him and his girlfriend.


The girls at work were great. They moved up my last patient so that I had two patients at 4pm and then I was free to leave. Of course, my 330pm patient showed up at 5 minutes to 4 so I ended up with THREE 4pm patients and a CL check all at 4pm. So, I didn't get out any earlier than normal. I raced home to change and Lance (guy friend) ran Tiger outside to potty and get food.


For an almost play-off type game, I was very sad to see that the Trop wasn't sold out. It was about 50/50 Rays to Red Sox fans.


The big drama was when we got there and realized there were four of us and Lance was holding only THREE printed out tickets from StubHub. We ended up traveling all the way to the opposite side of the stadium to talk to the StubHub rep and prove that we'd paid for four tickets and could they please print out an extra one that we "misplaced". They gave us a little grief, but in the end printed out an extra ticket. By the time we entered the stadium at the bottom of the first inning it was 4-0 Red Sox. By the top of the 5th it was 11-1 Red Sox. It was a shelling. As a Red Sox fans , Lance and I were thrilled. But, the home crowd got dejected and started leaving in the fifth inning.


It was definitely a fun Monday night outing. (not bad for 20 dollars seats either!) Much better than sitting at home on the couch with nothing on TV. I just wish G had been home to go with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home