Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Free to roam


After almost a solid week of upset doggie tummies, my dog is again free to roam the house. As it turns out, they sprayed the grass at my condo complex and didn't put up any signs warning the pet owners to keep their animals off the grass!! We ended up calling the maintenance office after I talked to my fourth dog owner and we all had the same complaint.. doggie diarrhea .. all starting on the same day. After removing the dog from the grass and feeding him bland food and rice for a few days he seems to be all better.

To save my carpet, a hash friend runs a carpet cleaning business. He sent out an email two days after the first ass-plosion (thanks for the word, Suz!) begging for work. I happily took him up on his 50% off offer and got both bedrooms cleaned. Yay for shiny like-new carpet! It also made me feel good to help out a friend. The turn in the economy has not be kind to quite a few of them.

I found out this weekend one of my good friends here in Tampa got laid off. She's an interior designer for an architecture firm. There were only 28 people in their firm.. they laid off 10. When no one's building, there's no work. I wish there was more I could do to help her. I don't know of anyone hiring right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger CCT said...

wow, how completely irresponsible of your management company. what if the spray had been really poisonous and everyone's pets had met an untimely demise? what on earth were they thinking?! worse yet, what about any kids on the property? seems like a group complaint is in order. they ought to at least offer to reimburse you all for the carpet cleaning...

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home