Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tres Leches


One of my co-workers makes a fabulous tres leches cake. I had her bring in her recipe since my mom and I both wanted copies. (She had some here at work the day Mom and Dad were here fixing Dad's glasses) The entire recipe is in Spanish. Now, since Mom doesn't speak spanish I'm spending my slow day at work translating the recipe. I do have three native speakers in my office right now, but I want to give it my best shot before they tell me I've made horrible mistakes. Call me crazy, but this is how I get better. I haven't done a major translation like this since high school Spanish with Sra Dalnoky. College was three semesters of Italian so that won't be much help.

G is feeling much better. We spent the weekend lounging, running errands and enjoying the lovely weather. We're quickly plowing through episodes of the Wire on Netflix. Which, if you haven't seen it is a fabulous show. We're about half way through season 2 right now. Sunday was our semi-annual trip to Costco. Now , our condo is only 1250 sq ft so we really don't have room for costco sized things. That and the nearest one is about 10 miles away. We only needed rechargable batteries (for the Wii remote) and dog food. Somehow, we ended up with a 15 box pack of Mac N Cheese that I know *I* didn't put in our cart. It looked odd next to the batteries and Kashi cereal. I also ran into one of our former opticians. He's working the optical at Costco now and seemed very happy.

Monday was St Patty's Day. I got a random text from a former roommate. She was my roomie here in FL while I was on externship my four year in OD school. She got MARRIED on St Patty's Day. I wished she'd given me notice, I would have driven up to Atlanta to be there. Even if it was for a few hours. The weather lately has been absolutely gorgeous. I made sure to sit outside with a girlfriend for lunch at our local place for California cuisine. I had seared Ahi with mango and a lime ginger sauce over brown rice, greens. So tasty. We then wandered for frozen yogurt and sat at a bus stop bench to enjoy the sunshine. It was so nice I had to take the doggie to the park so he could enjoy the day too.

Today is a very very slow day at work. (hence the blogging) I have news about work I'll share later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, what is it with sams/costco and your cart randomly filling, anyway? it's not just you guys, i think we all do it. Chris has the costco card and i have one at sams, so between us, we end up with flats of perrier, huge hunks of cheese, ginormous bags of multigrain chips, and buckets of granola.

but at either store, i heartily recommend the tiny bell peppers. i've got 'em at both places, they're the size of jalapenos, but deliciously sweet. yum!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger CCT said...

ok seriously, you're still not done translating the recipe?! post it already! :) tres leches is my FAV cake (next to regular old yellow cake with choc frosting).

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home