Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Meme-age

I was just tagged by Chelle:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag 5 people

Well, the nearest book I have is my current novel in progress, Shogun by James Clavell. It's 1152 pages so the over 123 pages part isn't a problem.

"Blackthorne was dragged out of his sleep. It took him a minute to clear his head. When the fog lifted, Omi was staring down at him. One of the samurai had pulled the quilt off him, another had shaken him awake, the other two carried thin, viscious-looking bamboo canes."


I'm not sure I know 5 people to tag that didn't tag me already. So, I'll tag: Jessica, CCT, Hema, Steve, and George's Mom :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I haven't actually read "Shogun", but I read an awesome book called "Samurai William"--it's the real, historical biography of the man "Shogun" was based on. It's pretty fascinating, and a good read for history. ;)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

BTW, I must be slow or something (probably just not hip). This is the second post you've had titled "meme-age". What does that mean?

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jessica, go look up "meme" on the wikipedia, it gives a pretty solid idea. basically, a thought, practice, or idea that gets passed along through a culture. for purposes of blogging, it's a themed post or a random task: go pick 5 sentences out of your book, google your name and post the first pic that shows up, tell a story about acquiring your first pet.

10:42 PM  
Blogger George's Mommy said...

I haven't read a book over 123 pages in a long time. How sad is that? The nearest book is "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" - is it okay if I quote from that instead? :)

11:45 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

of course it is ! :) Say "hi" to my brother and parents tonight at Chuy's! Mmmmm margaritas.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home