Monday, April 07, 2008

Healing

I went to yet another doctor last week about my Achilles. I've been in pain for 6 months now in my right foot. I've stopped running and all weight-baring or high impact exercise. Biking and swimming only. The DPM I went to did an ultrasound on my foot and determined I have three small micro-tears on the medial side of my Achilles. I also have fluid build-up. I was prescribed an NSAID topical patch for my Achilles to wear 24/7 for two weeks and given a heel lift for my shoes. He wants to see me back in two weeks to check my progress. He was great. I really enjoyed this visit versus the visit to the ortho. He spent more time with me, for one, and actually did an ultrasound to figure out why I was still in pain. He also had a paperless office, so I was discussing office software with him and preferences, etc. Very nice guy. I feel much more comfortable there.

The patches seem to be working. I'm in much less pain after almost a week on them. I even went to the gym last night and cycled for 30 minutes with only mild pain afterwards. I used to only be able to cycle about 15 minutes before I'd be forced to stop.

The big news around here is that I'm leaving my job. My current boss is selling his office in St Pete, so in essence I'm being forced out. The deal he was working on fell through.. so I'm okay for now, but he's still got the St Pete office up for sale. Once I knew this was even a remote possibility I started looking for other opportunities. Since the doc who owns the lease on the LC in Carrollwood is leaving to open her own private practice I looked at that office. It's free standing, so no crappy mall hours and no major holidays. There was another doc looking at it as well so we're partnering up. My last day at my current job is May 16th. The new office will be paperless, medical model (taking medicare, aetna medical, tricare, etc), and much more profitable. I'll make more money working less days a week, which is always good if you can get it! I'm sad the way things are working out here, but after the way things were handled, I'm happy I'm moving on.

Greg and I are taking a vacation the end of May for our anniversary. A week in Negril, Jamaica. We booked our flight yesterday! YAY! We're staying at Couples Swept Away which is the sister resort to Couples Negril (which is closed for renevations). I plan on it being me, G, beach, hammock, pina coladas. Heaven!

5 Comments:

Blogger CCT said...

Congrats on the new job! Fewer hours, more moolah ... how can you go wrong? ;)

5:15 PM  
Blogger George's Mommy said...

Very cool! Congrats!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!! congrats on the fun vacation times, AND on the super new job. more moolah, less misery, sweet!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats and good luck with your new professional venture.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi- I know this is completely random but I was bored @ work and googled st. pete optometry office for sale and your blog popped up. I am an OD in st. pete and was curious if your boss's office was still for sale & if so any info? Sorry if this is the 3rd of these that you got- it keeps posting errors when I try and send- this is my last effort. Anyway- congrats on your new job.
Thanks- Lori
lori.hassinger@gmail.com

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home