Thursday, March 13, 2008

Long Catch Up Post

I just realized it's been two weeks since I've blogged. Good lord! Y'all must think I've gone and died.

Last weekend was fairly uneventful. G came off his plane last Thursday with a fever of 102. He spent the entire weekend on the couch, with fever, playing Wii. He is now under order to never make fun of my Lego Star Wars game again, because it is all he played all weekend. Heh. We stayed indoors all weekend watching Netflix movies and relaxing to get G better. Monday morning, no fever, he's still run down but back on his plane to his project in New Orleans.

My parents came into town Sunday night. My mother had a high school reunion thingy in Clearwater so they asked to spend the night. Which meant I had to entertain Monday morning. It started bright and early at Panera (my parents got up at the God-awful hour of 7am) with coffee and scones. And, since my father had broken his glasses I had to trot my happy ass back to work on my day off to fix him up. This, for some reason, ended up taking until 2pm effectively killing most of my day off. At least I could get some errands done while waiting for Dad's glasses. I dragged them to Target with me to get supplies. But, I was glad to see them and to help out Dad.

Tuesday night my friend had an extra ticket to the Ani Difranco concert. Since, i'm not in the habit of turning down free concerts and I happen to like Ani I tagged along. Now, I haven't really listened to Ani since about 1998. Thankfully, she played a bunch of her older songs so I could still sing along. She's so cute on stage, puts TONS of energy into things, tells stories, and interacts with the crowd. I had no idea she lives in New Orleans now. half way through the show, we were officially ready to KILL the guys behind us. They kept getting up throughout the show to run to the bar next door to Tampa Theater to do shots and then run back in. They were getting up, down,up, down.. ALL.SHOW.LONG. They kicked our chairs, made asses of themselves trying to hit on the girls next to them, and we're generally annoying. We were so glad when they left twenty minutes before the show ended! Ani was great and I had to go home and get out my old CDs. I also really enjoyed their opening act "Over the Rhine" and downloaded a few of their songs on iTunes. The singer has the lovely smoky sounding voice that made you think 40s jazz club. Very pretty.

Yesterday at work was the day from hell. It was "patients who no hablo ingles" day. Three non-english speakers with a 13 yo to translate = FUN FUN FUN! Try explaining advanced stage cataracts and scarred corneal transplants to a 13 yo. After lunch, I had two patients who only spoke japanese. Yeah, no dice there. One of them spoke passable english, so the techs did rock paper scissors for who had to teach the other patient how to put in their contacts. Add in five or six red eye patients, a ten minute lunch, and a last minute walk-in and you had a banner day! I ended up inviting over my neighbor for homemade soup comfort food because we'd both had craptacular days. (She brought wine and her doggie) It made it all better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

extra glad to know you haven't succumbed to the evil soul-sucking blog muncher of death.

and hopefully, this past weekend was far more relaxing to you!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home