Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Time to relax

I had an absolutely horrible day at work on Friday. It was nothing I could control and nothing I had anything to do with. But, it happened... and I'm not going to blog about it. Things are different at work now. Long story short, someone quit. I feel awful about it.

I had to call in replacements for Saturday at work. It went well, but felt very different. I got through it.

G and I headed out Sunday to spend the day on a boat. It was his Valentine's present. The day started our rather gloomy, but by 1pm became perfectly sunny and slightly cool. We drove out to Clearwater and had lunch on the beach. This was the view from the deck where we sat eating hamburgers under an umbrella. It was really hard to believe it was February.

The boat took off at 2pm. It was supposed to go around Clearwater Beach and show us the sights. They ended up spending 45 minutes searching for bottlenose dolphins and then taking us home. I saw dolphins a few times.. but apparently, the dolphins like to jump the boat wake so they kept circling the boat to try to get them to do that. I've seen dolphins before, even saw them randomly diving in Hawaii. I could have moved on, but the boat captain was obsessed with everyone seeing dolphins before they went home. Maybe they had some kind of money back guarantee or something. So, while, the boat tour was pretty and relaxing it wasn't really what G and I expected and I was rather disappointed.

Next time, I'll have to shell out more money and rent us a sailboat with a captain. Maybe get us dinner cooked,too. Lily told me over lunch Monday she knows where to get that done.. so maybe birthday time.

I spent the morning at work alone. There was no one to cover the shift. All of my techs were in class. They scheduled me just one patient an hour so I could do everything. I teched, answered phones, took CL orders, saw the patient, wrote receipts, the whole thing. It did make the morning go really fast! I was still melancholy. I always take it personally when people quit, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with me. Maybe I just get too emotionally invested in my techs. But I care about them and want them all to do well. (they're all in college)

Anyway, I'm going to head back to enjoying my thunderstorm. It's really nasty outside and bringing in a cold front. Well "cold" is relative, but it's going to be cold for Florida! Brr 50s tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap, what was it with last week???? we had a tech quit thursday (friday, the weather was so crap-tacular that we came in, got work done, and bailed by noon like it was a weekend day), and just like you, i'm totally upset about it. likewise, not my fault and beyond my control, but damn if she wasn't one of the best people EVAR to work with. sigh.

but loafing on the beach in february? damn, we need to come visit.

10:46 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

I blame the eclipse and/or full moon.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home