Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thanks, Suz!

I found this link through Suz's blog and decided to help. I am Emily X

When I was working a close to minimum wage job in California and going to school at night Planned Parenthood was there for my annual exam. Free of charge. When I needed my vaccinations for OD school, I called them... they ordered the shots for me and did them free of charge, also. I offered to pay and they refused.. saying " remember us when you're making doctor money"

When I finished optometry school and hadn't gotten on G's insurance yet, PP gave me a low cost annual exam. I paid, but much less than I would have had I gone to the OB/GYN I now use on my insurance. (I just looked, his full price is exam is $250... I paid $70 at PP)

So, Suz alerted me to this woman who works at PP. She blogs about her experiences working for PP and her daily battle with protesters outside her specific clinic. She set up the website to track how many protesters show up in the next 40 days. The more that show up.... the more money is being raised for Planned Parenthood. I pledged money per protester because I think it's great that they're making the best out of a negative situation. Everyone at PP was nothing but nice to me and they're great at what they do. So, I'm giving back. So, have at it protesters... the more of you there are the more I'm giving them. I hope y'all will, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home