Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Power outages are not conducive to cleaning

G and I had a pretty relaxed weekend filled with college football and the NFL. G is playing fantasy football with a group of people at work so he's much more into the NFL than usual. (he's also 0-3 which he's VERY unhappy about) We went to a local Champps to watch the Buccs game Sunday and ran into a local ophthalmologist friend of mine.. so we sat with her and her friends. It's very rare to run into someone I know in Tampa so I played social.

Texas finally had a good week and played like a team in the top 10. They were playing Rice, I would have been very perturbed if they didn't look good this week. Conference play starts this week and it's BIG news around here with USF being in the Top 25 for the first time that I can remember. If it's happened before please correct me.

My Achilles isn't getting any better. I tried a slow jog on Saturday with the doggie and it just wasn't happening to it turned into a log walk. After much inter-web research (the series of tubes were good to me) I found out my insistence on wearing heels at work might be doing me in. Now I'm icing my foot and wearing flats only at work for the next month. NO running. I'm sticking to swimming for the next few weeks and the trainer thinks I can try the recumbent bike in two weeks or so, since I won't be putting any weight behind it. I ended up buying two pairs of flats and Sketchers so I can lay off the heels for awhile. They have the added bonus of being SUPER comfy , too.

Speaking of the trainer, she kicked my ass yesterday. Since I can't push off with my right leg she did an entire hour of core. It hurts to breathe today. Ow. I may be gimpy, but I'll have abs and arms of steel damn it !

The rest of my day off yesterday was spent running errands. (joy) My car battery died a week ago on my way to a friend's housewarming party, but fortunately the nice guys at Total Wine jump started my car so i could get home. For those of you not in Tampa, Total Wine is a wine mecca! They have 8-9 grocery sized aisles of wine along with alcohol and beer. I bought my friend a nice bottle of Patron to stock her new bar and found Shiner there for G and me. SHINER ! In Florida ! I was so happy. I made chips and guacamole and drank Shiner while watching my Texas game. It was like being back home with old friends.

The cherry on top of my day o' errands was my 615pm power outage. I was scrubbing my bathroom, which you all know I enjoy so much... and the power goes out. It goes out here all the time with all the storms we have, but this time it was off over an hour. By 720pm it was getting dark and I had no way to cook or see to do anything. I ended up spending the evening at a Hash buddy's house. Dinner, wine, and lots of doggie playing. (he has a dachshund/JRT mix) By 10pm I hoped against hope that my power had returned and headed home.

Now I'm back at work. It'll be a shorter day because I have a CE class tonight. It's a 2 hour lecture (with free dinner!) about cosmetic eyelid surgery. Something I know a little about, but it won't be my 100th lecture on it like the AMD lectures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home