Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Thank god for adjustable straps!

I got my bridesmaid's dress for Marquise's wedding today. I tried it on over my work out clothes and I have to say THANK GOD the straps are adjustable cuz they're WAY too long. It would have been me, on the beach, next to my friend, flashing the world. No one wants that on their wedding day, seriously. So, thank god for adjustable straps.

My area rug for the living room finally arrived ! It breaks up the hardwood nicely. G and I like it so much we're getting a second bigger one for the walking area between the living room the front foyer.


I'm trying to be a better blogger, I really am.

In other non-house related news: G got a promotion! He found out about a week ago and has been very excited ever since. Basically, it means he's now getting paid for the job he's been doing for the last two years. (plus a nifty bonus check)

This week at work has been really REALLY slow, so I can't even tell y'all about any cool patients I've seen.

I can comment on how I can't BELIEVE the Buccs kept Chris Simms on the roster. Although, I know I'm not going to get to see my Young/Simms match up in October since Simms is FOURTH string!! Lord. Oh well, just cross your fingers that Young doesn't get injured. (jessica is probably the only one still reading this paragraph.. Hi Jess!)


5 Comments:

Blogger CCT said...

LOL, you're funny. I read that football paragraph all the way to the end ;) And, I must say ... what team keeps 4 quarterbacks?! Is Simms even on the pay roll? K and I were anxiously watching the Texans pre-season b/c Boise State quarterback Jared Z was trying out. I *think* he was cut then brought back? We're rooting for him!

And can I just say, if BSU can win a bowl game against OU, be the only undefeated team in the USA, AND get their quarterback in the NFL, yet still finish the season with a crap ranking surely the powers that be should take a hint!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks for the "Hi". ;) I'm with you, just drop the guy. Pretty funny that he went from starter to fourth!

BTW cct, BSU did not get their quarterback in the NFL. At least he isn't on anyone's roster today--sorry. You gonna' be watching the UW game this Saturday?

Speaking of college football, they are going to show the Texas game on Fox Northwest. I don't know how that happened (and I'm sure the game is against some worthless team anyway), but I'm not going to complain.

11:55 AM  
Blogger CWH said...

actually, it's Texas vs TCU and they're both ranked. So it should be a somewhat decent game (as long as we win) ;)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Gorgeous rug... where did you get it?

Congrats Greg!!!!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Sweet, good to know they are playing someone ranked. Now I can look forward to the game even more. Oh man am I going to be on football overload after this weekend!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home