Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Being injured sucks

I really hate being injured. I'm all gung-ho to go running and I just can't. I'm not really sure how it happened, but I pulled something at the base of my right foot. (near the Achilles) I ran sprint intervals on Thursday and felt great. I rested Friday like I was supposed to. Then, Saturday, I tried to run with G after work. 1/4 of the way through the run I pulled up in pain and had to walk back home. It doesn't hurt to walk, but quick lateral movements and running HURTS! Now I have to swear off running for a week or so until I see how I'm feeling.

I sat out at kickball last night. Since it's finally cooled off (a little) I was able to take Tiger with me. We sat on the sidelines and watched together. One of the guys had imbibed in a few too many and literally face planted into first base. At least he got up laughing ! (and was safe) One of our other guys, I'm not sure how, separated his shoulder. Thankfully, one of our players is a military doc who put a sling on him and iced him down. He'll be heading to have it looked at today. I hope he's okay. I was very very worried about him last night he was white as a sheet.

In car news, apparently there are no Acuras available in our area for the price the online broker quoted us. The nearest ones are in Miami. We'd be all over going down there, it's only a three hour drive, but taking a brand spanking new car on a four hour drive right off the lot is not such a great idea. So we've decided to wait awhile on the purchasing of said new vehicle. Maybe in a few months they'll have some good deals on the '08s.

I also discovered last night that apparently eye docs like kickball. The white team we've been playing against has four ODs and 1 ophthalmologist. I knew of of the OMD and 1 OD, but had no idea they had three more. (apparently most of them were classmates) I got to know them over a beer last night and discovered most of us are all attending the same CE next wednesday. Now I have people to sit with! It's hard being in Florida around a bunch of docs you don't know because you didn't go to the local school. I don't have my UHCO girls to sit with.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww i love that last part of your blog. i miss hanging with you in class! (i do not miss class)

today seems to be allergy day here

12:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope your injury is slight and heals quickly. Ever aqua-jog? Before I became grossly out of shape I would hit a lap pool with my aqua-jogging belt once or twice a week instead of going on a regular run. Just add 20% (time) onto your regular workout.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alrighty hon, it's been a week almost. hope you're well on the road to recovery so you can get your kicks back on!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home