Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tales from the chair...

On todays edition of "tales from the chair" we learn from a case of a patient with teh dumb. I didn't actually see this patient myself, it was told to me by a hysterically laughing Dr W who called my cell as soon as said patient left the office.

Patient X comes with with bright red eyes.

Doc W: So, what brings you in today ?

Patient: My eyes are really red and itchy.. irritated.

Doc: so when did this start ?

Pt: Well, they started getting red a few days ago and I thought they were getting infected. So, I went into my medicine cabinet and got out this medicine my VET gave me for my dog's bepharitis. And, I put that in my eyes thinking it would help.

Doc: your child's medicine ? or your dogs? (cuz patients use their kids medicine all the time)

PT: my dog's

Doc: and it didn't get better did it ?

Pt : no, in fact it got so red and ITCHY that I went to CVS and bought this anti-itch powder. I thought that would help so I put that in my eyes, too.



seriously kids, I don't make this stuff up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, vet meds, ppl meds, same dif. it's just cheaper at the vet's office cuz we don't gouge insurance to pay for it.

god knows what meds he was putting in his retarded eye, tho.

and ANTI ITCH POWDER?!?!?! dear fsm.

11:38 AM  
Blogger CCT said...

OMG. People are so stupid. Lack of common sense or IQ-challenged. The world may never know...

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home