Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm modern, he's traditional.. who knew ?

I had a very nice anniversary. Yes, boys and girls, G and I have been married an entire year! We've been together almost nine years, but just finished our first year of wedded bliss. G got an early flight home from Houston and was home when I finished work for the day. We had a very nice dinner at Donatello, which thank goodness we had a gift card for because it was unbelievably expensive. But, the service was good and we had a nice, quiet time.

Both of us tried to stick to the traditional/modern anniversary tables. (without knowing the other one was trying to) I went modern: clocks. I got G a Garmin Forerunner 101. It's a GPS unit that tracks your runs. It tracks pace, time, distance, and will even tell you how to get back home if you're running through an unfamiliar area. G went traditional: paper. Well, the gift was on paper. He got me a hot air balloon ride over Tampa Bay !! I'm SO excited !! The ride is also a sunrise champagne brunch. I've always wanted to do this. He must have remembered me gushing about Dr B's balloon ride in Sedona on their anniversary. I'm going to have to ask for a Saturday off in July to go, but I'm really looking forward to it.

I don't have much to compare anniversaries to, but I was very pleased with mine. More than anything, I was just happy to have G home for an extended weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds wonderful!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home