Monday, March 19, 2007

The crud

I've been sick.. and feeling very non-bloggy. I had to take off work Thursday and Friday because the pollen allergy snot-monster caught up to me. I had so much drainage it all went into my chest and I spiked a fever. Lovely.

So, now it's been about two weeks since this whole allergy fest started... and I'm so over it. Sick of coughing every 2.3 seconds. Sick of breathing out of only one nostril at a time. Sick of only being able to wear my contacts a handful of hours a day. Sick of telling my patients "it's just my allergies.. I'm fine, really". And REALLY sick of not being able to sleep. The only reason I got sleep last night is I finally got fed up and took a "slightly more than recommended" dose of Benadryl to make me sleepy. My goal was to fall asleep so fast I wouldn't realize I couldn't breathe.

G was SO SWEET this weekend. He bought me tea and made it for me. He got groceries and cooked dinner Friday and Saturday night. He knew I liked mac and cheese when sick, so he made that Friday night. He made tacos Saturday night after I dragged myself to work feeling like ass and still saw 15 patients. He walked the dog every time he needed to go out. So great. Much love for the man this weekend.

The kickball team tied last week. YAY A TIE !! We didn't LOSE !! YAAAY! Hopefully I'll feel well enough to play tomorrow. Hopefully they can make me the catcher again. It's not to strenuous and I can actually get people out at home, because I don't duck when the ball comes near me. (heh)

OH !! And two of my classmates decided to go to AOA in Boston with me. I'm SO EXCITED !! Red Sox here we come !

I think I'm going to turn in now. (early even) Night kids!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whiskey. seriously, i can not recommend the stuff enough for when you're sick. do that thing wherein you prop your back up half-sitting on the couch, draped in the fave blankie of your choice, and sip on 2 fingers of fine kentucky booze in a rocks glass, prolly with a couple of ice cubes and maybe a wee pinch of lime. the fumes open you up *right quick* and it's just enough to sedate your ass so you can fall asleep. knob creek is the med of my choice, but feel free to experiment.

get to feeling better, poor thing.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home