Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I love real weekends

I finally had a real weekend off ! Three whole days!! Granted, it was busy and not super relaxing, but it was great to not be at work for three days in a row.

I flew to Chicago on Friday afternoon to meet up with G. He had been in Chicago since Thursday for a training seminar for work. It worked out pretty well, since his seminar ended, he took the shuttle back to O'Hare and got there as I was in baggage claim. We spent Friday night visiting with the family at my Aunt's house. Then, we headed with my cousin and her husband back to their house to spend the night. My cousin bought a house about four years ago in a historic neighborhood to try and renovate it. They are still in the renovation stages, but they've made a lot of progress on the house! I love what they're doing with the full bathroom downstairs. Apparently, the house used to belong to the town optometrist who did exams in the front room downstairs. How cool and old school is that ?! We really enjoyed staying with them, getting to know their son Henry (who's almost 2) and playing with their American Water Spaniel, Maggie. Saturday was spent at a nice lunch with the entire family. We went to this really old restaurant in Kenosha. The food wasn't that great, but it was nice to all be together. My grandmother liked the scarf I knitted for her. It seemed like almost everyone got her chocolate. (My grandmother is well known for her sweet tooth) After lunch, we spent a VERY long time socializing at my Aunt's house. I felt kinda bad for G. There weren't really any other activities other than watching the two babies and there's only so much of that G can handle. (when it's not your kid it's really not as entertaining) When my cousin headed home about 8pm to put Henry to bed, we all followed behind. We ended up staying up fairly late drinking beer, going over pictures of the house renovations, and chatting. In fact, I think we did that both nights, Friday and Saturday.

Sunday ended up being more of the same. Lunch at my Aunt's house, more socializing, more frisbee with maggie, more babies.. and then the trip back to the airport. I finally got to meet my cousin Steve's wife, Sarah. She seems like a total sweetheart. I'm very glad I got to meet her and see him. (hi Steve!) G and I had flights only 30 minutes apart (supposedly). His was going back to Houston for work and I was flying back to Tampa. G took off on time.. I didn't. My flight was an hour late. But, I arrived home safely to a VERY happy doggie. (one of my co-workers had agreed to doggie sit for me)

Overall, a very enjoyable weekend. I was a little bummed I didn't get to spend more alone time with G. But, we were just happy to be together. He's flying home on Wednesday this week and taking Thursday and Friday off. YAY! I won't be off work, but at least he'll be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home