Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ready to go

I'm heading to Wisconsin this weekend and I'm SO READY to get out of town. I've been working way too much and my mental health needs me to get more than one day off in a row. This upcoming weekend will be my first weekend off in three weeks.

It's been in the low 60s and raining here for the last two days. It's definitely not helping my mood. After two weeks of sunny and low 80s, much running, tennis and general outdoorsy-ness the chilly rain is a downer.

I finally finished my grandmother's present. I knitted her a scarf. It's not the best looking thing, but it's the first thing I've ever knitted so hopefully she'll like it. (she's my grandma.. she has to, right?) My next project is to make an afghan for the living room. The one we have on the back of the couch now does nothing for our room. It doesn't match in the slightest. Kate found me a great pattern in colors that match my living room. I just have to order supplies or make the drive to Jo Anns or the LYS. I'd love to go to the LYS but they're open the same exact hours I work.

The Tennis connection finally returned my call yesterday. I emailed them two weeks ago about ladies classes on Monday morning. I hadn't been progressing at the last place I had been taking lessons. After 20 hours of lessons I should be able to move beyond my forehand in a stationary position. But, every time I tried to say I wanted to work on something else they'd tell me no. Now, I've been off tennis almost five months because I got discouraged and my forehand, again, looks like crap. I need to get to a point where I can actually rally with G. (definitely not as his power level, but at least get a few back and forth, no?) I'll try to call them today about setting something up. We'll see how this place works out. It's at the JCC and not as big, but maybe that's what I need.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my my i haven't talked to you in forever! you're working way too much... glad you are finally getting a weekend off... a much deserved weekend off at that. but wisconsin? really?

love the kickball and kilts picture... looks like a fun group!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, darlin', did you take a pic of your magnificent first knitting project? post it!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home