Saturday, February 24, 2007

Schedule Shift

In case I haven't mentioned it, my practice has practically exploded since the start of the new year. Granted, I still don't own it.. but I'm pretty proud of how we're doing. I'd like to take some credit for how much it's grown in the fourteen months I've been working here. My store was number ONE in the entire region last week !! Normally, since we're the newest, we're in the bottom two or three. Number one.. out of about 16 stores.

The part-time doc at Dr W's other store in St Pete quit this month. She gave her month notice and she's opening her own private practice.. cold. That take cajones. Her mom is going the run the front desk for her and one of her relatives is going to be the optician. I'm not sure exactly where her new location is, but I wish her the best. So, because March starts her new office... we have no new doctor in St Pete. That leaves exactly two of us to staff two offices that are open seven days a week. Can you see where I'm going here ? I thought you could.

I'll be working pretty much six days a week until we can find another doctor for St Pete. We're scrambling, but doctors are very hard to come by in this part of Florida. Dr W got someone from PRN to work one day a week for him in St Pete so he can have at least one day a week off. By this time of the year, everyone who's passed Florida boards has work. Not many people are looking. So, if anyone out there knows anyone looking for part to full time work in the St Pete area (who also holds a Florida OD license).. PLEASE leave me a message! My schedule will thank you -- and so will my husband.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom always was pissy that i wasn't opening my own place so that she could be my receptionist. she so wants to quit her job and just hang out answering the phones...

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home