Monday, February 19, 2007

Being an adult sucks sometimes....

My car just broke down. It made this weird chug a chug-a noise, wouldn't go over 10 mph, the service engine light came on, and I barely made it back to my parking space. Thank god I was at home. But, I was on my way to a lovely salmon, asparagus, and lots of wine dinner with a girlfriend. And now I'm stuck at home.

AAA can't tow my car until tomorrow morning because of our parking garage. So, they're towing my car to Saturn tomorrow morning. I'm hoping Saturn can find me a rental car. I had my boss take me to the airport so I can get a rental. The rental car companies pretty much laughed at me-- apparently between the Daytona 500 and the three day weekend they're out of rental cars. So, now I'm stuck at the airport. I had to shell out more money to get back home. (But, thank god for taxis) Now, I have to hope Saturn can perform a small miracle. They told me on the phone they'll take care of me. They might make shitty cars, but they DO have great customer service. Right now, I'd take a car that runs. I think it psychically knows that I just finished paying it off.

On an up note. I got a new laptop Sunday. Gateway. So far, I really like it. 2G of RAM and 160G hard drive. ON sale, rebate, plus a discount for a Circuit City grand opening. YAY! It's the first Gateway I've ever had, but it had really good reviews. So, now i have to pay off the computer AND the car. *sigh*

Sometimes being an adult really sucks

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Why didn't you call when stuck at the airport? I would have picked you up. J was busy so I sat home knitting until he got home at 10:30. I'm so lame.

7:43 AM  
Blogger CWH said...

I didn't want to keep having to call people to give me rides. I felt bad. :( But, I'll keep ya posted on tonight. I might need you!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sucks hope they are able to get your car back to you really soon....

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home