Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas

I can't believe I am just now getting around to blogging about Christmas. But, I took a few days off I sorely needed after Christmas to go to Dallas.

G and I opened presents Christmas Eve because we're losers who can't wait. We're like little kids, seriously. G's big present was luggage to travel with, since his old luggage looked like it had gone through a shredder. He travels way too much to have cheapo luggage. I got him a very nice carry-on sized Tumi bag in a very pretty metallic silver. Everyone has black, so I tried to get him something he could find easily on the conveyor belt. I also got him a laptop backpack, the TWOP book, and a PSP game. (NCAA 2007)

I received Sirius satellite radio. I have NO CLUE how I lived without it !! It's fabulous. I can listen to any kind of music I like, commercial free !! My top two stations are Sirius 9 (the 90s station and today) station and Channel 30 (the Coffee House) which plays accoustic and songwriter type music [think Sheryl Crow, accoustic DMB, Corrinne Bailey Rae, etc]. They also have a contract to broadcast all the Texas games. So, no matter where I am I won't miss college football or basketball again do to blackouts or ABC regional being stupid. G also got me a brand new purse from Cole Haan. Very nice. .. he did well. Since I almost always get DVDs he got me Pinky and the Brain and The Muppet Show Season 1.

G and I spent half of Christmas Day watching The Muppet Show, because nothing says Christmas like "pigs in space". Say it with me. Piiiiiiigssssssss in Spaaaaaaaaaaace !! You know you loved it. Manamana do dooo do do do. Manahmana do doo do do. (see, now it's stuck in your head too)

Christmas dinner was cooked by my lovely friend Kate, who is Martha Stewart , but nicer. She and her husband invited over all the friend who weren't going home for Christmas. She made a huge ham, green beans, rolls, the works. We even let the Jewish girl say Grace. (you had to be there) Kate's husband got a throwback Atari for Christmas. So, you can imagine what it was like when ten people with a little wine in them threw down on Pong. Grown men/women were ARGUING over points on Pong. (I have pictures!!)



All in all it was a great relaxing Christmas day. I thoroughly enjoyed my day off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"
girl put your records on
tell me your favorite song
just go ahead
let your hair dooooooown
"

man, i've been singing that song for 3 days!!

how did people live pre-satellite radio?? i've had XM in the car for almost 5 years now, and i CAN'T live without it.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home