Saturday, December 02, 2006

Happy Birthday to me !

My birthday was a pretty relaxed day. I started off the day just like I always do: breakfast, coffee, and work.

The co-workers got me a really nice card.. and one of them even bought my morning coffee (awww!)

G stopped by for lunch, which is our normal Friday routine.

After work (I left about twenty minutes early, since I figured I deserved it), G and I got ready for a nice dinner out. I got to open my presents first, though. YAY! G got me a new digital camera !! Our old one had died in Hawaii and I was hoping to get one .. and I did. It's the new Canon PowerShot SD800. Very nice! Now, I'll be able to post pictures again. (FINALLY you're probably saying.. your posts are SO BORING without pictures)

The dinner location was a total surprise! A local restaurant called SideBerns (the sister restaurant to nationally reviewed/ranked Berns). We'd never been able to get a reservation before. G must have planned ahead!! (Go G)

Our dinner was fantastic ! Starting with a lovely Argentinian Malbec
For appetizers: Dim Sum x5 (Crab Rangoon, Sausage and Pineapple Fried Rice, Kung Pao Calamari, Spicy Salmon Hand Roll, Lime Beef Mojito Salad)

Dinner: Yellow Tail with Coconut Ginger Lump Crab Mojo (coconut whipped boniato,watercress, palm hearts,avocado , mango, and tempura plantains) SO YUMMY!!
Dessert: Chocolate wrapped panna cotta

I was in a food coma for hours. So, since we're "old" and we were in a food coma we just returned home to watch a movie on Netflix. No hard core partying to celebrate the 10th anniversary of my 21st birthday. But, for me.... the presents, time with G, and exquisite dinner was even better !

4 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

And your birthday card sits sadly on my desk.

I hate finals. I always forget everything during finals. Oh, but Ken got snipped for your birthday - hee

Glad you had a good one!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Happy belated birthday--sounds like it was WONDERFUL. Can't wait to see photos again either. :)

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy "10th anniversary of your 21st birthday," i'm so going to boost that quote when it rolls around. enjoy many future foogasms to come.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. Your birthday dinner sounds wonderful. YUM!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home