Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Back to normal

The weekend holiday rush is officially over. I had a HORRIBLY busy Saturday at work. We almost set a record for money taken in.. but didn't quite get there. If my morning had been anywhere near as busy as my afternoon...we would have smashed the record. Either way, I really enjoyed being busy.

Thanksgiving was great and sad at the same time. I did get to spend some much needed time with my parents. But, it was very hard for them to spend their first holiday dog-less. It was especially hard when I first got to their house and Tiger spent a good three or four minutes running around the house looking for Jackson. I quickly took him out in the backyard to play fetch, which makes everything better to my dog. The dinner was very good, as always with my mom, and we exchanged birthday presents a little early. My mother got me some very cute Polynesian turtle earrings she had purchased in Hawaii. They exactly match the ones on my wedding invites. SO CUTE!

My mother boxed up a lot of doggie toys and accessories (shampoos, heartworm things, flea spray, etc) that belonged to Jackson that we could take home. She also got G and me a stone dog statue for our house. It sounds silly, but it's really really cute. I'll take pictures when I can.

G and I spent the weekend starting our Christmas shopping. Then, G left Monday morning to head back to Houston for work. I got spoiled having him around for a whole week. We get so much more done around the house. (He's very handy!)

Obviously, it's very slow at work today. Otherwise, I would not be blogging in my office. I'm meeting friends after work for a drink... conveniently located at the bar next door to my condo. Then, another friend is coming over later tonight for Nip/Tuck. It's a new thing we started a few weeks ago. Gym, take-out, and Nip/Tuck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

hum, guess I won't try calling tonight. Hopefully later in the week. Have a fun evening! BTW, I'm totally jealous that you have a life. Ho hum...

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home