Saturday, December 23, 2006

Almost Christmas

I had the misfortune of leaving work to go to lunch with G today. Now, don't get me wrong.. I LOVE having lunch with G ... it was the TWENTY MINUTES it took me to find a parking space upon returning to my office that had me bitter. Don't people know better than to go shopping two days before Christmas ?? Apparently not. I had to park in the corporate building parking lot across the street from my office and walk almost half a mile. Fortunately, my two o'clock patient was running late as well. They were also looking for parking so I couldn't really fault them for being late when I was as well.

I know I've been scarce on the blogging lately. I've been working so much I haven't done anything exciting.

I did have a 19 yo a few days ago that's going blind. I had to tell the patient to go get an MRI. There didn't seem to be an ocular reason, that I could see, for the visual field loss. As of now, two days after the exam, the patient still hasn't picked up the referral and exam info to take to the ER for an MRI. I'm pretty sure s/he's in denial. Fortunately, s/he gave me the name of their social worker.. so I'll get her to stay on top of the patient. There's only so many messages I can leave telling the patient to go before it's harassment. Having no insurance, I tried to explain how it would work... s/he can pretty much can only go to the ER. No neuro office I called would take a patient without insurance , unless they agreed to pay half of services. Here's someone who could have a huge tumor .... but, I've never seen a tumor give bilateral tunnel vision.. but, I ruled out retinitis pigmentosa and end-stage glaucoma. So, the only other thing I can think of to do is an MRI. I just wish I could force the patient to go... or drive them to the ER myself.

If I don't post again tomorrow.. have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! Enjoy the time with your respective families. G and I are having Christmas dinner with friends here in Tampa. YAY for the white elephant gift exchange

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home