Thursday, July 13, 2006

Master of Useless Knowledge

Every night this week VH1 has been showing "The World Series of Pop Culture Trivia".

And, sadly, every night I'm glued to the TV. The main problem... I'm dominating this game. I could be on this game. I OWN this game. Each category they come up with I get 6/6 or 5/6. The only one I missed more than one on was Mob Movies. I've always gotten Goodfellas, Heat, and the Godfather mixed up. I just haven't watched those as much.

Anyway, I don't know whether I should be proud. I am FULL of useless information. Song lyrics, one hit wonders, who starred in which movies, child actors, etc. Is this something I should celebrate ??? Or am I a hopeless loser who REALLY needs to get a life.

I have to say though ... I really like competing on this show from the comfort of my couch. I'm hoping they turn it into a series because I'm glued.

If you're interested... World Series of Pop Culture. Tonight. Vh1. 10PM Eastern/9PM Central. See if you can beat me.

One of last night's questions that they didn't get and I did:

"Which actor, in the 1988 movie "Coming to America" , played a gun toting store robber who held up Eddie Murphy's character ?? "

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand how anyone can confuse the greatness that is 'The Godfather' with anything else (because every other mob movie is totally second rate, and the production qualities of 'The Godfather' were so darned excellent for it's *time*), but I guess it takes all kinds...

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home