Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Friends from Home


I got a random email tonight from a friend from undergrad. She was a chem grad student at UT while I was in undergrad. We had the same circle of friends and got to know each other pretty well.

Apparently, she was in town on business !! Sweet !!

So, I grabbed my cell and called her back. We made plans to meet up for dinner. Being the nice lady I am I drove all the way to Oldsmar to get them. Although, in my defense from the street address they gave me I thought they were in downtown Tampa. Thank goodness for Mapquest. I put in the address and it came up with Oldsmar. It's only a twenty minute drive though so I can't complain too much.

I picked up Tina and her friend, Libby who were here on a training session for work. we headed back to Tampa and hit Water for sushi. mmmm sushi.

It was so great to see people from Austin! I can't believe how nice it was to see someone who's known me longer than six months! So nice. We caught up on what's going on with our lives. And it was so good to reconnect with her. We'll definitely have to stay in touch from now on.

Good luck on the marathon, Tina! You'll do great! I loved TnT when I did it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home