Monday, February 06, 2006

The Weekend

After the relentless rain finally let up on Friday night, G and I headed over to Let's Eat with two friends. Let's Eat is a very interesting concept, which is genius in my opinion, and popping up all over the country. The store chops, slices, and preps food dishes for you before you get to the store. You sign up online for which of the 15 meals you'd like to prepare (one meal feeds 4-6 people so you can split them into two meals)and then show up at your assigned prep time. There are instructions at each station about how to prep your meal. The chopping, shredding, mincing, and butchering is already done. After you've put your meal together, magical little elves follow behind you and clean up your mess. By the end of our 2 hour session we had 24 meals ready to go from fridge to freezer. All looked very tasty, nutrious, and best of all NO DISHES !! Pair your meal with a side dish and/or salad and you're ready to go ! So far, both meals we've had from Let's Eat have been delicious. I even have enough left over for lunches at work. Saturday night we enjoyed the Citrus Glazed Pork Loin. VERY good and we paired it with vegetable risotto and wine. mmmm! Last night for the super bowl we used the Spinach and Cheese Cannelloni. Also great and I have TONS of leftovers. (which I'm having for lunch today)

After finishing our creations, the girl who worked their told us we get 20 dollars off next month's session if we signed up that night. So, we did! More yummy food.. less cooking for me !!

I worked all day Saturday and was exhausted when I got home. Saturday is always our busiest day! It was really nice that G had dinner and wine ready when I got home. Heaven!

Sunday we really didn't do much of anything. Or, anything exciting anyway... I got my car cleaned which it sorely needed, picked up G to go to Target where we bought more exciting things like dog food. Then, off to Home Depot to get air filters for our heating/air unit which probably hadn't been changed since it was built !! Our condo place decided to use the world's most unusual size (12x30) so I can only find filters at home depot. Blah.

The Super Bowl was lame and the commercials were lamer. I ended up watching some of Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet because it was WAY more entertaining. Your heart could melt from all the cuteness.

Today starts six days of work in a row. Yay !! It also looks like today is going to be a VERY slow day. *Grumble* So, I'm going to get my checks balance and research stuff for my SEP-IRA. (being a grown up sucks sometimes)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home