Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Calming Down

The turtle wedding invites have been ordered. I really didn't need to order them this early, but getting them on order makes my mother leave me alone about designing the invites herself. After the eighth phone call yesterday (she called twice while I was at the gym) I started ignoring her. It went to voicemail while I was at the gym and I didn't answer her 20 emails.

She called shortly after 24 ended to apologize for "overstepping her bounds". I think my dad must have said something. Or, the fact that I was at the gym and not answering the phone made her think I was mad at her. Either way, it worked and she's conceeded to let me order my wedding invitations any way I want. THANK GOD!

After discussing with G, we ordered the turtles. We'll print them out at home together. The spreadsheets of letters sent, responses received, gifts, thank you cards , etc are being generated.

There was so retail therapy yesterday after phone call number 4. I went and bought shoes at Target. I went for toothpaste, TP, and dish soap... and came back with lots of cute sandals and some new flip flops to replace the ones the dog peed on. (long story)

I finally have my internet back at work ! YAY !! Now my blogging will be back up to regular speed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Glad to hear things are calming down. And be happy that at least your mom is interested. Mine just said "tell me when and where to show up". I couldn't get that woman to help with anything. :) She wasn't being mean, that's just the way she is (does it explain anything about how *I* am?).

Hey, are you guys going to register anywhere? Specifically anywhere I can shop from my computer? ;)

6:16 PM  
Blogger CWH said...

we're working on that part. We don't really need much and it's rather rude to ask people to send cash. we looking into this one place where you can register for honeymoon activities.

I'll keep ya posted. But, you really don't have to get us anything, Jess. :)

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home