Friday, January 27, 2006

Freakin' Sharks with Freakin' Laser Beams

Today was the big day: my first appointment for laser hair removal. The appointment was god-awful early since I had to be at work by 11am. So, at 7am I rolled out of bed to be at the spa by 745am. (ugh)

Walking into that spa... it's like walking into silicone land. All the girls that work there are um.. enhanced. Kinda funny.

I had to wait a few minutes since they were finishing up with the gentleman who had the appointment before me.

Then, back to the back I go. The office was fairly sparse since they just moved to a new location on Harbour Island. There was only the treatment table and the laser in the room.

The nurse/technician who did my laser treatment was fairly abrubt. She definitely didn't know what I did for a living because she was talking down to me all the time. I guess she never stopped to think that people who can shell out over 800 dollars to have hair removed.. probably going to have good paying jobs and be fairly well-educated. Oh well. Just get one with it...

Underarms .. no sweat ! The laser only really bites when it hits a dense area of pigment (where the hair is fairly close together and dense). Fortunately, my underarm area isn't that dense so it barely even stung. Although, there is this rather distinctive smell. Uchenna, I know you mentioned it before. It basically smells like burnt hair (go figure). But, it's concetrated so it smells pretty bad.

Then, she moves on to the bikini line. She tells me to tell her if it gets to be too much and she'll give me a break. Hell, I've had a Brazilian bikini wax... this should be no problem !! In the beginning it really didn't hurt. But, once she got over the pubic bone.. holy hell! But, unlike waxing.. it was quick and only hurt for two seconds. All in all it hurt WAY less than waxing.. and I only have to go back a few more times.

Since the hair grows in cycles it won't start falling out for about two weeks. I'll keep waiting. I'm so excited at the thought of never shaving again !! heaven!

my next appointment is in March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home